Temple University retained Joseph B. Callaghan, Inc. to perform a facade investigation, develop repair documents, and oversee construction for The Performing Arts Center. The Performing Arts Center, is located along the east side of Broad Street of Polett Walk. The building, constructed in 1889, is a 3-story stone masonry building. The building was purchased by Temple University in 1974 and underwent a major interior renovation in 2010. The building was certified by the Philadelphia Historical Commission in 1984 and was designated a Landmark Building by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) in 2003. The restoration work included a full repoint and localized repairs to the stone and limestone facade.